Monday, February 17, 2014

About Communication

  1. What do you expect to learn from the podcast project? (List as many as you can.)
I expect to learn to communicate in ways that are different from what we learn in blog posts. I also hope to learn some ways to try to universally communicate messages to people from different countries. We hope to communicate our message in a way that both Americans and Japanese people can understand and appreciate. I hope to learn to use different types of media to communicate in new, fun, and interesting ways.
 
2. What does "communication" mean to you
 
Communication means being able to convey a message to another person about something in a clear and meaningful way. The audience the message is intended for should also be able to relate to it easily. Good communication is not confusing, and conveys the intended message without being misinterpreted. It should also be easy for the intended audience to fully grasp and understand the intended message.

4 comments:

  1. こんばんは!

    Your points about communication are very clear and I agree with them! I also think this experience will be very cool and a refreshing break from just writing on our blogs. It is one thing to communicate by writing and another to communicate with words, body language, and tone of voice. This podcast project will be really fun and I can't wait to see everyone acting!!

    ブリアナ

    ReplyDelete
  2. こんにちは、

    I think your point on learning universal communication through the video podcast is really interesting. I also agree with your idea that good communication is not confusing. It can sometimes be difficult to convey certain ideas or themes cross-culturally, but I think that having the additional advantage of visual communication in addition to spoken communication will help in this sense.

    Good luck on the podcast project!

    -Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  3. こんにちは、

    It's interesting that you use the word "misinterpreted," because that's the word that has run through my mind every time I've given thought to this podcast. There's such a fine line we have to tread on, especially if we aim to be culturally sensitive. Like, to what extent are we responsible for what we intend to say, and to what extent are we responsible for what our audience interprets? Anyway, just some food for thought. I hope I haven't given you secondhand stress from my internal dialogue!!!

    ビル

    ReplyDelete
  4. アーロンチアニーさん、こんにちは。

    I agree that it is important for your audience to "fully grasp" your messages you intended to convey.

    Good luck with your podcast project! I am very much looking forward to watching your presentation! Enjoy!!

    TA_S

    ReplyDelete